A SACRIFICE OFFERED BY JESUS, OUR GREAT HIGH PRIEST HEBREWS 7:20-28 | JANUARY 9, 2022 SENIOR PASTOR TIM HARKNESS
I. ______________________________ to Jesus, the only priest established with an oath from God. (20-22)
II. ________________________ in Jesus, the only sinless priest ever to exist. (23-28)
IMPACT GROUP QUESTIONS KEY PASSAGE: HEBREWS 7:20-28
Opening: What truths impacted you most from the sermon/passage (Come to Jesus, the only priest established with an oath from God; Believe in Jesus, the only sinless priest ever to exist)? INFORM THE HEAD / STIR THE HEART 1. Please use Hebrews 6:16-17 to explain the significance of an oath.
2. How do people’s character and integrity impact whether or not they can be trusted? How does our obedience to God reveal the level of our trust in His character and integrity?
3. Why is Jesus a better guarantor of the new covenant than people?
4. The word “consequently” in vs. 25 is like using the word “therefore.” How does Jesus’ priesthood impact our salvation, and why?
5. Please explain the differences listed in this passage between our High Priest, Jesus (appointed through an oath), and the Levitical priests (appointed through the Law). How do those differences make Jesus greater?
6. Please list all the attributes from this passage that make Him worthy of our worship.
CHALLENGE THE WILL
WEEKLY READING PLAN
Based on what you learned from the
Monday, January 10 // Revelation 1:9-20
study, or read in the passage, what
He is FOREVER
attribute of Jesus brings you the most
Tuesday, January 11 // Psalm 16
hope in your present circumstances, and what is one way you will draw nearer to Him because of it?
In His presence is fullness of joy forever
Wednesday, January 12 // Romans 8:26-39 He is interceding for us
Thursday, January 13 // 1 John 1:1-2:3 He is our advocate and redeemer
Friday, January 14 // Hebrews 8:1-7
A Sacrifice that Ministers a New Covenant (Part 1)