Harmony Bible Church 21589 HWY 79 Danville, IA 52623 319-392-4229 harmonybiblechurch.org
Burlington Campus Pastor
Chris Carr - Lead Pastor
Number of Hours per Week:
To make disciples of Jesus Christ in a way that the transforming power of the gospel will become evident in Southeast Iowa, West Central Illinois, and around the world. This will primarily be accomplished by leading Harmony’s Burlington Campus. Qualifications and Requirements:
The CAMPUS PASTOR will be expected to joyfully minister in accord with Harmony's Pastoral Covenant. He should endeavor to experience and maintain the joyful camaraderie and creative complementation of gifts and ministries of the elders, pastors, and staff. He will be a member in good standing of Harmony Bible Church. If not a member when called by the church, he will complete the process within three months of the date when employment begins. The CAMPUS PASTOR needs to meet the spiritual and character qualifications of elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22. He should be wise, discerning, decisive, sensitive, tender and firm. He should be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Harmony. He should devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ and should lead his family in regular times in the Word and prayer. The CAMPUS PASTOR must be a disciple maker, leader, collaborator, teacher, problem solver and peacemaker. Personal Skills:
1. Leadership – the Pastor should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and His Gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and an initiative taker. 2. Relational—the Pastor should have a heart to care for people, not just manage systems; that drive should manifest itself in the appropriation of time. 3. Administrative—while seeking mainly to shepherd people, the Pastor should have the skill set and ability to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with the position. 4. Teacher/Equipper—the Pastor should be able to effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.” 5. Communicator—the Pastor should be able to clearly and concisely communicate the needs and aims of the church to all church leadership and from church leadership to the church body. 6. Peacemaker—the Pastor should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love and to achieve common goals.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Grow in grace and knowledge of God by … a.
Maintaining a devotional life of prayer and meditation on the Word.
b. Faith-enriching reading and study. c.
Engagement in personal and corporate worship.
d. Glad participation in mutual care and accountability with other believers. 2. (40%) Shepherd those attending the Burlington Campus by … a.
Continually promoting HBC’s core values through all ministries and services.
b. Leading the Burlington Shepherding Team and collaborating with the Pastor of Discipleship to assure that all members at the campus are being shepherded. c.
Collaborating with the Pastor of Discipleship to develop and implement a process for assimilating people from first-time guests to fully engaged members.
d. Assuring that Campus attendees are cared for in times of need (health, benevolence, counseling). e.
Discipling 2-3 men at all times and promoting discipleship within the Body.
3. (20%) Develop leaders by … a.
Leading, caring for, and ministering to the Burlington Campus Elders, Deacons, and Staff Members.
b. Raising up new leaders c.
Equipping both members and attenders “for the work of the ministry.”
4. (15%) Lead the weekend services by … a.
Being the “face with the place” – the up front leader of the campus during weekend services.
b. Collaborating with the campus worship leader in the leadership of the services. c.
Providing weekend oversight of the campus ministry staff.
(10%) Collaborating with the Pastor of Community Ministries and the Burlington Campus Assistant Pastor in ministering to the Burlington Community.
(15%) General pastoral duties: a.
Preach as assigned
b. Participate in regular staff meetings c.
Engage in pastoral duties (i.e., weddings, funerals, counseling, weekend services, etc.)
7. Other duties as assigned.