An all-in-one IT solution for small and medium businesses
IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance A proven platform that delivers enterprise-class performance and reliability, the IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance is a full-featured solution that can help minimize costs, simplify the complexity traditionally associated with IT, and protect existing investments all while being designed to meet the unique needs of smaller businesses.
Benefits – Lower total IT costs – Protect valuable data – Facilitate communication and collaboration
A Change from Traditional Solutions The Lotus Foundations Appliance balances performance, affordability and ease of use. Easily installed and configured, and requiring minimal on-site maintenance, it simplifies IT for businesses without on-site IT expertise. And the self-managing, self-healing system incorporates key features separating it from other solutions in this space.
– Connect to the Internet and network resources – Host your own website and email – Proactive network security – Freedom from the high cost of proprietary office productivity software – Centrally manage files and printers – Stay connected - in the office, at home, and on the go
Operating System on Flash-Based Memory
– Automated system updates
Incorporating Disk-On-Module (DOM) based flash memory, the Lotus Foundation Appliance helps ensure maximum reliability. Even in the unlikely event of a hard drive failure, the appliance can still boot, connect to the network, set up a firewall and Virtual Private Network (VPN) and provide other key features.
– Reduced downtime
LCD Control Panel An easy-to-use LCD control panel allows you to configure, setup and manage the network without the need of a monitor or keyboard. And with a touch of a button on the control panel, the Lotus Foundations Appliance can backup and recover your data and restore core system functions automatically.
Integrated Disk-Backup (idb) Employing reliable, integrated disk-based backup technology, the Lotus Foundations Appliance provides continual data protection through incremental, automated backups as often as every 15 minutes. The idb drives are removable—so leveraging primary and secondary idb drives ensures a backup copy of your data is always available.
Features – Incremental, automated, unattended data backup – Real-time disaster recoverability – Integrated Firewall, Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam
– Secure remote access – Automated system updates – Office Productivity tools – Email, calendar and contacts – Central file & print management
IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance at a glance Hardware Entry Model - (9234-CNU)
Advanced Model - (9234-DNU)
– Intel® E7200 Core™ 2 Duo 2.53 GHz Dual Core Processor – 2 x 1GB memory; max 4GB (4 x 1GB) – 250 GB SimpleSwap SATA main hard drive; max 4 x 250 GB – 500 GB Hot swappable Intelligent Disk Backup (idb) drive (additional cartridges available) – 3 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports – 6 USB 2.0 ports for printer and UPS support – 1 Parallel and 2 Serial ports – LCD display /control panel for easy setup and maintenance – 401W power supply
– Intel® X3330 Xeon™ 2.66 GHz Quad Core Processor – 2 x 2GB memory; max 8 GB (4 x 2GB) – 500 GB Simple Swap SATA main hard drive; max 4 x 500 GB – 1 TB Hot swappable Intelligent Disk Backup (idb) drive (additional cartridges available) – 3 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports – 6 USB 2.0 ports for printer and UPS support – 1 Parallel and 2 Serial ports – LCD display /control panel for easy setup and maintenance – 401W power supply
Lotus Software IBM Software Group One Rogers Street Cambridge, MA 02142 U.S.A. Produced in the United States of America 03-10 All Rights Reserved IBM, the IBM logo, and Lotus are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries or both. Adobe is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States, and/or other countries.
Software (prerequisite)* – IBM Lotus Foundations Start server license – IBM Lotus Foundations Start authorized user licenses
Flash Drive/Preload – Preloaded Disk-On-Module Flash Drive with Lotus Foundations platform
Physical – Dimensions: 17.25 x 8.5 x 21.25 inches – Shipping weight: approx: 42 pounds – Power requirements: 100V-240V / 10A-5A, 50Hz-60Hz – Operating environment: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F); 8% to 80% humidity (non-condensing) – Shipping environment: -40° to 60º C (-40° to 140° F); 8% to 80% humidity (non-condensing) – LCD: Status Display and Controller
Maintenance – 1 year customer onsite limited warranty – Warranty upgrades and extensions available separately
Regulatory Approvals – Canada ICES-003, issue 4, Class A – FCC Part 15 Class A – EN 55022 Class A
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2010
– EN 55024 – UL 60950-1 1st edition – CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03 1st edition
Internet Access – Dial-up/cable modem, DSL (and PPPoE support); Ethernet connection to any standard IP router
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries or both. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries or both. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others. References in this publication to IBM products and services do not imply that IBM intends to make them available in all countries in which IBM operates. Media shot included in this documentation is for marketing purposes only, actual product media may differ. The information contained in this documentation is provided for informational purposes only. While efforts were made to verify the completeness and accuracy of the information contained in this documentation, it is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied. In addition, this information is based on IBM’s current product plans and strategy, which are subject to change by IBM without notice. IBM shall not be responsible for any damages arising out of the use of, or otherwise related to, this documentation or any other documentation. Nothing contained in this documentation is intended to, nor shall have the effect of, creating any warranties or representations from IBM (or its suppliers or licensors), or altering the terms and conditions of the applicable license agreement governing the use of IBM software.
Internet connectivity requires Internet service (not included).
For More Information ibm.com/lotus/foundations lotusfoundations.com *Appliance hardware and software ordered separately.