Installation and Operation Manual 3-Stage System Model PWSYS-FIL-ICE1
PURE WATER Important Please read the entire manual before proceeding with the installation and startup. Your failure to follow any attached instructions or operating parameters may lead to the product’s failure. Save manual for future reference
Note: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or
of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
Notice to Installer
Maximum Pressure: 125psi/8.6 bar
• Do not discard this manual after installation. This manual contains important operation, maintenance and precautionary information. Please present this manual to the user/owner/operator after installation.
Maximum Temperature: 100°F/38°C Inlet/Outlet Connections: ½" FNPT Maximum Flow Rate: 2 GPM
• It is strongly suggested that you read this manual before installing system to ensure the best possible installation.
Filter Cartridge Life Span
• Installation must comply with all local and state plumbing codes and regulations.
Filter cartridges should be changed at 6,000 gallons, 15psi overall system pressure drop at normal flow rate, or 6 months, which ever comes first.
• Connect the system to cold water supply only. Water Temperature cannot exceed 100°F/37°C. • System must be installed in a vertical, upright and level position.
Replacement Filters Model
• Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown water quality.
• Notice to user/owner/operator: Please retain this manual for a future reference for parts, maintenance, or troubleshooting.
PWFIL-SED-STD-10-20M-DEP 6 Months 10" Sediment filter PWFIL-CB-STD-10-5M-4K 6 Months 10" Carbon Block filter PWFIL-PHOS-STD-10-16 6 Months 10" Polyphosphate filter Note: Water conditions may require more frequent cartridge replacement
• It is recommended that all personnel responsible for operation and maintenance of this product read the precautions, maintenance, and operation sections of this manual.
Please note: Cartridge capacities are estimates and may be less depending on incoming water quality. Cartridges should be changed at least every 6 months.
Installation Precautions • Do not install system on line pressure above 125psi. • Do not install the system on a hot water line. Failure to limit the water temperature to 100°F can result in housing failure and property damage. • Do not connect the system backwards with the feed water line connected to the outlet. • Do not use liquid pipe thread compounds for threaded connections. Use Teflon® tape only. • Do not solder plumbing connections that are attached to the housings or inlet/outlet fittings. System damage may occur due to high temperature. • Do not allow the system to freeze. Turn off water supply and drain the system if temperature falls below 32°F. •D o not install system in direct sunlight or where the system will be exposed to harsh chemicals or may be subjected to being hit by moving equipment, carts, mops, or any other item that may cause damage. •A llow 3" minimum clearance under the housings for filter replacement. • If water hammer is evident, install water hammer arrestors before the system. •D o not over tighten fitting connections. •A lways back up valves and fittings with a wrench when installing fittings to avoid over tightening or loosening existing fittings. •D o not install the unit behind equipment where it may be difficult to access the system for future filter replacements. Position the system in a suitable location. The direction of flow through the system is left to right. Keep this in mind when determining installation locations. Do not mount the system near any source of heat. Also do not mount this system over anything that may be adversely affected by water.
Teflon® is a registered trademark of E.I. Dupont de Nemours & Company.
With sufficient pressure, operation of this system is completely automatic. Dependable operation involves only monitoring system pressure differential, periodic filter changes, and service documentation.
Routine maintenance of this system involves periodic filter changes. The filters should be replaced after 6 months, high pressure differential (15psi or more), or chlorine breakthrough (6,000 gallons), which ever comes first.
Filter Cartridge Replacement Procedure
*Please note: All cartridge filters are preinstalled, in the housings, at the factory.
IMPORTANT: Determine whether all equipment connected to the system must be turned off prior to shutting off water supply from filters.
1. Turn off all equipment to be fed by the system, locate the water supply cut-off valve and turn it off.
1. If required, turn off downstream equipment. 2. Turn OFF water to the system by closing the inlet and outlet ball valves.
2. Thread the inlet and outlet valve and pressure gauge assemblies in to the inlet and outlet of the system. The valve and pressure gauge assembly with the ¼" compression connector is to be installed on the outlet of the system. NOTE: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THESE FITTINGS INTO THE FILTER HEADS.
3. Open the ¼" drain valve on the outlet of the system to relieve pressure in the housings. 4. Remove housings by unscrewing them. They have a standard right hand thread.
3. Anchor the system on a wall stud or suitable mounting material spanning wall studs. System must be vertical, upright and level.
5. Clean inside of housing sump with warm water. If desired, disinfect housing using a teaspoon of household bleach. Add to filter bowl and fill with water. Let stand 5 minutes and then discard and rinse.
4. Run a suitable line of at least 1⁄2" in diameter from the tap water source to the inlet ball valve on the left side of the system. Brace the inlet ball valve on the system with a wrench when connecting the feed water line. NOTE: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN CONNECTION FITTING INTO BALL VALVE.
6. Insert new cartridges into filter housings. 7. Make certain the O-ring is properly positioned and reinstall filter housings. Tighten housings hand tight. Check O-ring for damage and replace if damaged or distorted.
5. Select the appropriate size tubing for the equipment being fed, and connect it to the outlet ball valve of the system. NOTE: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN CONNECTION FITTING INTO BALL VALVE.
Do not over-tighten filter housing, overtightening may damage O-ring(s), cause water leaks, or affect system performance.
6. Install the ¼" tubing into the compression fitting on the outlet of the system and hold it over a drain. Open the ¼" drain valve.
8. Slightly open the inlet ball valve and fully open the ¼" drain valve. Once full flow of water flows from the drain port, slowly open the inlet valve to the full open position. Allow water to flush to drain for 5 minutes.
7. Once all inlet and outlet piping has been completed check and make sure all filter housing are tight, slowly open the inlet valve and allow all air to purge from the system. Slowly close the ¼" drain valve, allow the system to reach operating pressure, and check for leaks.
9. Slowly close the drain valve and check the system for leaks. 10. Slowly open the outlet valve to restore water flow to downstream equipment.
8. If no leaks are present, open the ¼" drain line again and allow it to run to drain for 5 minutes to flush the system then close the valve.
11. Record filter change date in this manual.
9. Open the outlet water valve and check for leaks.
Replacement Parts List
10. Record the start up date and pressures in this manual. Note: Overtightening components can damage the system causing water damage and/or system failure.
PWSYS-FIL-ICE1-600 Maximum Flow Rate: 2 gpm IN
⁄" FPT 1 2
Height 15 1⁄ 2"
⁄ " O.P. Flush Line
To Ice Maker
Depth 5 1⁄ 8" (Front to Back)
Width 25 1⁄ 4"
Note: Allow 3" of clearance at bottom of system for removal of filter bowls for filter cartridge replacement Item Number
LIMITED WARRANTY: Certain Watts Pure Water products come with a limited warranty from Watts Regulator Co. Other products may have no warranty or are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty only. For specific product warranty information, please visit www.watts.com or the published literature that comes with your product. Any remedies stated in such warranties are exclusive and are the only remedies for breach of warranty. EXCEPT FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT WARRANTY, IF ANY, WATTS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WATTS HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL WATTS BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT WAS INFORMED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
USA: North Andover, MA • Tel. (800) 224-1299 • www.watts.com Canada: Burlington, ON • Tel. (888) 208-8927 • www.wattscanada.ca
PURE WATER. Connection Sizes: 1" (25mm). Flow Rates: Up to 15 gpm (57 lpm). Watts Whole House filters for superior sediment removal. Watts filtration systems for sediment removal use our high per- formance Micro Zâ¢ filter media to provide increased
Operating temperature: 50Â°F to 125Â°F (10Â°C to 52Â°C). * Tested and verified by independent laboratory testing. PURE WATER. Recommended Flow Rate. MODEL NO. OD ... Note: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality w
and Maintenance Manual. 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Systems. Model PWSYS-RO-STD4-50. IOM-WQ-PWSYS-RO-STD4-50. Important. Please read the entire manual before proceeding with the installation and startup. Your failure to follow any attached instructions o
Space saving design intsalls under sink or in limited space. â¢ Double Seal O-Ring cartridges ensure system integrity. â¢ No storage tank needed. â¢ Requires only normal line pressure to operate. â¢ Dispenses a continuous supply of water. â¢ Req
Dimension. Standard Diameter (21â2"). MoDel No. leNGth. oD. MicroN. No. / case case WeiGht lbs. kgs. 97â8". PWFIL-SED-STD-10-1M-DEP. 97â8". 21â2". 1. 48. 14.4. 6.5. PWFIL-SED-STD-10-5M-DEP. 97â8". 21â2". 5. 48. 14.4. 6.5. PWFIL-SED-STD-10
Dependable operation involves only monitoring system pres- sure differential, periodic filter changes, and service documentation . Installation. * Please note: All ...
Order filter by calling Watts at 1-800-224-1299. Item Needed: EDP# 7100116. Includes: â¢ (1) Sediment Filter. â¢ (1) Carbon Block Filter. Note: Your UF Drinking Water Module is equipped with valved heads which will automatically turn off the water
Systems. Flow Rates: Up to 100 gpm (378 lpm). Watts Pure Water Series PWR8024 reverse osmosis (RO) systems are commercial grade high-pressure RO units for the ... Watts reserves the right to change or modify product design, construction, specificatio
IOM-WQ-PWSYS-FLT-STD2-WG. Important. Please read the entire manual before proceeding with the installation and startup. Your failure to follow any attached instructions or operating parameters may lead to the product's failure. Save manual for future
Reduces lead, chlorine, bad tastes, and odors. â¢ Ideal for RV's and boats. â¢ Includes dedicated faucet or can be connected to cold water line. System Specifications. Operating Temperatures: Minimum 40Â°F (4.4Â°C),. Maximum 100Â°F (37.8Â°C). Opera
Light Commercial Ice Maker. Filtration Systems. Maximum Flow Rate: 3 gpm (11 lpm). The Model PWSYS-FIL-ICE2 has been engineered to address and correct multiple common water related problems both effi- ciently and economically in light commercial appl
... with phosphate to help reduce scale. â¢ GAC model with calcite to balance pH. â¢ GAC models with KDF for inhibiting bacterial growth. PWFIL-GAC-IL-10. *KDF Fluid Treatments Inc. Note: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of
Periodic inspection and following proper system maintenance is critical for continued performance. STEP 7. Check Air Pressure in the Tank. Note: Check air pressure when tank is empty of water! Check air pressure in the storage tank when you notice a
Watts whole house floor mount reverse osmosis system with adjustable recovery. ... PURE WATER. Series PWSYS-RO-WH-440. Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems. Floor Mount. System Specifications. Membrane Size: 4" x 40" (102 x 1016mm). Average ... Electr
Checklist Before Installation. 1. Water Pressure - Not less than 20 psi constant. See Page 19. 2. Double check hardness - of water with test strips provided to verify that ..... with an audible beeping sound, the controller cannot find the home magne
Before beginning installation, read these instructions completely. Then obtain all the materials and tools needed for installation. NOTE: Failure to install the system correctly voids the warranty. â¢ Perform installation according to state, provinc
These stages are as follows: Stage 1 â Sediment filter, recommended change 6 months. (See Page 8). The first stage of your RO system is a five-micron sedi- ment filter that traps .... Step A â Determine best location for the. RO module to be ....
Features. â¢ Patented technology. â¢ 100% efficient - No wasted water. â¢ Saves as much as 7000+ gallons per year in a typical residential application. â¢ Ideal for low pressure or well applications. â¢ Produces up to 60 gallons per day of high-
The 2-Stage LCV drinking water system produces high-quality, fresh water on demand by reducing unwanted tastes and odors from your incoming water supply. This system was designed for the Home, RV and Marine Industry where space is at a premium and qu
Water systems. â¢ Aquaculture. â¢ Food service. â¢ Water coolers. â¢ RO systems. PURE WATER. Watts product specifications in U.S. customary units and metric are approximate and are provided for reference only. For precise measurements, please con
1 micron - 3 gpm @ 4psi drop. 5 micron - 6 gpm @ 3psi drop. 20 micron - 9 gpm @ 2psi drop. 50 micron - 9 gpm @ 1psi drop. Maximum Differential Pressure â 60 psid @ 73Â°F. Note: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown qu
Light Commercial Ice Maker. Filtration Systems. Maximum Flow Rate: 2 gpm (7.6 lpm). The Model PWSYS-FIL-ICE1 has been engineered to address and correct multiple common water related problems both effi- ciently and economically in light commercial app
D. Startup. E. Control Function. F. Operation and Maintenance Log. G. Troubleshooting. IV. Replacement Parts List. V. Membrane Replacement. VI. Appendix. Temperature ... ter of system design, but also a matter of proper operation. Record keeping and
the filter elements, pay special attention to any cleaning instructions . Should you ... 1299 or refer to our on-line troubleshooting at www .watts .com . Introduction .... Figure 2. Placement diagram for Adapt-A-Valveâ¢. Figure 3. Step A â Turn o
This is our most popular selling series ... User friendly 5600 control valve ... Note: Capacities are based on resin manufacturer's data and are dependent.
Treatment system. WP-2 LCV Water Treatment System: Watts Pure Water WP-2 LCV water treatment system contains a heavy duty lead, cyst and VOC filter block . This specialty formulated block is capable of reducing lead, cryptosporidium, Giardia, Ent- am
The all new patented Zero Waste Point-of-Use Reverse. Osmosis System is the first ever that wastes no water. Comparable systems typically waste up to 4-12 gallons for every gallon of RO water produced. This Watts highly efficient. RO system provides